Make Your Account
Signup for associated jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You can easily unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Corporate Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA remote(temporarily)
Our objective is always to offer you aren’t a road to better monetary wellness.
LendUp is really a technology that is financial situated in Oakland dedicated to changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item has been found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection when you look at the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and the like.
Exactly What we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been on a objective to supply you aren’t a path to raised economic wellness. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their options are usually restricted and unfair, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. Here is the very first problem LendUp attempt to re re solve, by making use of our mixed expertise in software, information technology, credit, and training, to your provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at lower prices and build credit. And every we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional financial loans which will help us further accelerate our objective of supplying a person with a course to raised health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will likely to be in charge of doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get a cross practical groups to give appropriate and regulatory guidance as LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products. click for source
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand brand brand new and existing services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising with regards to such items
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal services on federal and state customer banking and lending rules, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security rules.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, adverts and disclosures.
- Offer advice that is regulatory LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Utilize banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification needs, including acquiring and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as required to offer the company
- A high-caliber that is proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing room
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of dilemmas associated with the economic solutions industry, with particular expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in several re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the laws and regulations, regulations associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations associated with lending
- Capacity to balance working separately with little to no guidance and dealing closely and collaboratively within a small appropriate group
- Capability to interface effortlessly along with quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, business divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self- self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and very adaptable up to a fast-changing environment
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in an comparable setting) for at the least 36 months, with significant consider customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the re re payments area, directly with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex monetary solutions agreements
- Established solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional written and oral interaction abilities and power to work both in groups and individually
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or subscribed in-house counsel with the State Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a mission-driven business, like an aggressive income; early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But here’s everything we really like about LendUp Life:
- We’re devoted to a diverse and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- One of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same mission. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and possess slack networks devoted to sets from mu
LendUp is A equal possibility boss
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, religion, national beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, gender identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.